Claiming The Throne is a 2-player turn-based strategy game where two princes commanding their army to escort them to the capital in order to inherit the throne.
Claiming The Throne was on PAX EAST!
Claiming The Throne is honored to be chosen as one of the outstanding student games representing the Northeastern University to attend the PAX EAST game showcase! Play with your friends to claim the throne!
Players enjoying Claiming The Throne:
Northeastern University’s booth
Ryan, if you see this, you looked just as cool in the picture as you are!
Claiming The Throne is back in 80s!
What if CTT was developed in the 80s? Here we go!
This playtest version is for fun + testing the core mechanics. The “modernized” game has rolled out a demo at Pax East.
Claiming The Throne is on Twitter! Check it out!
Claiming The Throne Dev logs.
Claiming The Throne -Board Game was on Winter Play!
It was an awesome night at the Winter Play event hosted by PlayCrafting Boston at Microsoft NERD center! I presented the board game prototype of Claiming The Throne, so I want to give a sincere shout of thanks to all the players played and watched this game! I’m glad you like it and I will polish it to a better stage regarding your suggestions!
Players exploring the strategy inside the game.
This smart and awesome gentleman challenged me and HE DEFEATED ME! Congratulations!
Yoshi Liu is a voice actor in the Boston Area. He enjoyed Claiming The Throne!
Secondly, I want to thank Stan Fan, who helped me a lot during this presentation and made this awesome poster. He has this beautiful art portfolio so please feel free to check it out.
Lastly, I’d like to give my special thanks to Christoffer Holmgard, without whose moral support and guidance I couldn’t have gone so far. He is the co-founder of Mod.ai, a company building realistic AI that responds like real humans. Thanks!
There’s still a long way to go for Claiming The Throne from the board game prototype to the final product. Please stay tuned and I will bring updates quite often!
- Bring the “Prince” to the “Palace” in the “Capital”.
- Place 1 “Heavy infantry”, 2 “Cavalry” and 3 pawns at the designated 6 spots at the beginning of the game.
- Before the capital is opened, Any pieces except the prince cannot enter.
- Bring a prince into the capital to open the capital.
- Regular Infantry (pawn): can move, jump, and loyal.
- Cavalry (knight): can move, jump, charge, sacrifice and loyal.
- Heavy Infantry: can move, leap, sacrifice and loyal.
- Prince: The most important. Once jumped over, the game is over. Can move and jump.
Below is an overview of the army:
- Move: move 1 step.
- Jump: jump over 1 piece until can’t jump. If jumping over an enemy piece, remove the enemy piece from the board. Can’t jump over a piece on the border.
- Charge: Move 1 extra step after jumping over a piece. Can only charge once during a turn. After charge, can only move or jump in the same direction. Available with Calvary.
- Leap: jump over 2 pieces until can’t jump. If jumping over an enemy piece, remove the enemy piece from the board. Available with Heavy Infantry.
- Sacrifice: jump over an enemy piece on the border. Available with Cavalry and Heavy Infantry.
- Loyal: jump over the enemy prince on the border. Available with Regular Infantry, Heavy Infantry, and Cavalry.
Author: Clarence Hann
© 2018 Clarence Hann. “Claiming The Throne”/”Claim The Throne” belongs to Clarence Hann. All Rights Reserved.